Here's what I like about them: (clockwise from top)
1) Muscari. A small early blooming which happily naturalizes.
2) Allium. Adds interest and height. These flower balls can come in all sizes but I prefer the largest ones!
3) Lavender. A classic flower/shrub which is evergreen in some climates.
4) Hydrangea. The large flower heads on these shrubs add a pop of colour in the garden. They also make beautiful cut flowers.
5) Hyacinth. The early season blooms and beautiful fragrance of these flowers make them an essential addition to the garden.
6) Butterfly bush. These semi-evergreen shrubs seem to bloom all season long. They are also a magnet for butterflies (hence the name), bees, and hummingbirds.
7) Campanula. I think campanula has not gotten enough credit for its long blooming, low growing habit. The flowers bloom over a long period and it is well-mannered in its spread.
There you have it! My purply-blue favourites in the garden. What's your experience growing these in your garden? Will you be adding any this year?
Let me know in the comments below!